Imagine a world where you could have the utmost confidence that the piece of furniture you’ve been eying will actually look great in your own space. You know it will fit, you know how it should be laid out, and you know how it looks with other pieces already in your room. The best part? You don’t actually have to buy it to know all of this!
Today at Modsy we’re making that world possible. We rolled out a big new feature in our beta that we’re excited to tell you more about. (Drumroll please….)
As a Modsy member, you now have the ability to automagically(!) replace products in your existing room designs with alternatives of your choosing.
Why is this exciting for you? A few reasons:
You choose what you like.
Not totally in love with the sofa, or the rug, or the artwork we put in your initial designs? No problem. Scroll through our alternative products and select the one you love.
See it in your own space.
No need to rely on just your imagination anymore. Once you’ve selected alternative products for your design, we will develop additional photo-realistic images that allow you to literally “see it to believe it.”
Don’t stop until you’ve found “the one.”
Why settle? Try on new furniture until you’ve found that perfect piece you’ve been looking for.
How it works:
1. If you already have a Modsy Studio*, log in to it. (If you don’t, sign up asap!) 🙂
2. Access the Replace feature through the “Replace” button on the main toolbar…
or on any of the Product Detail Pages:
3. Select the product you’d like to swap out and then select the alternative product you’d like to take its place.
4. Continue selecting existing products and alternative products until you’ve made all the replacements you’d like to see. **Note – you can replace 1 to all of the products in the design if you’d like!
5. Click “Review” to see the list of products in the new design.
6. After you click “Submit Redesign”, you’ll see a ‘pending’ design in your design bar:
That’s it! In 2 business days you’ll receive your new designs with the products of your choosing incorporated!
What’s coming next:
Right now, after you click “submit”, it takes about 2 business days to receive your new design. While we know this isn’t ideal, we are still unbelievably excited about it – this is some incredibly cutting edge technology we’re building over here!
The reasons behind a 2-day lag are quite technical, but the gist of it lies in the fact that “rendering” these photo-realistic images takes a bit of computational time. That being said, we’re hard at work improving the back-end technology to make this replace feature as close to real-time as possible. This is just our first step to get there!
Interested in trying out this new feature for yourself? If you’re a member, simply log in to your existing Modsy Studio and get started!* And if you’re not yet a member, head to modsy.com and sign up to start redesigning your own space today!