Warm, calming, and eclectic, this living room is the naturalist retreat you’ve been searching for. Come lounge around on a patterned dhurrie settee or plop down on the floor with some pillows; this space is for those of you looking for a way to satisfy your minimal and bohemian cravings.
Here’s the steps we took to create our naturalist living room! Read on to learn how you can do the same and shop our curated collection of bohemian minimal products below.
Get the Naturalist Living Room Look:
Neutral Color Palette: Lay the foundation of your naturalist abode with a neutral color palette. Opt for whites, beiges, and browns to create a warm and calming space.
- We started with a coat of Decorator’s White (Benjamin Moore) to let the unique architecture of our space shine.
Natural Materials: Incorporate natural materials to enhance your living room’s naturalist vibe. Choose pieces that use raw or unfinished materials like jute, rattan, wood, leather, stone, or shell.
- Bring on the contrast by layering natural materials. We think a Cowhide rug (Cowhide Imports) on top of the Chunky Wool & Jute Rug (Pottery Barn) is always a good idea.
- We brought some natural luxury into our space with the smooth vellum Emporium Home Baxter Bar Cabinet (Zinc Door).
Play with Texture & Pattern: Amp up the bohemian feel by incorporating texture and pattern. Playing with these elements will give your living room that essential eclectic charm.
- Bring a welcome pop of pattern to your space with the Bridal Rug Settee (Wisteria). We also love the honeycomb pattern and translucent glow of Serena & Lily’s Capiz Honeycomb Chandelier made with real capiz shells.
Add some Natural Curiosities: The secret sauce of this space is its perfect balance between the romantic and scientific elements. Equally charming and intriguing, these few details are essential for nailing the naturalist look.
- We included an homage to one of the most influential naturalists, the larger than life John Muir Tribute Tree artwork (Natural Curiosities). Add a touch of natural whimsy with sculptures and small objects, like our Floating Marble Ducks (Wisteria).
We love the idea of bringing the great outdoors into your home. As American writer, Genevieve Valentine writes, “Nature provides enough order to soothe and enough entropy to surprise,” making it the perfect interior design muse. So, if you love the boho look but not all the color, or if you like minimal spaces but find them chilly, our Naturalist collection is the “neutral territory” you’ve been seeking.
The Naturalist Living Room Collection: